Ensure being subscribed to the roaming service. (for Star call 110 and for Business call 250) to ensure that Orange has a roaming agreement and also your mobile phone handset is supported on at least one network in the country you're traveling to.
Upon arrival switch on your mobile after which your mobile will detect one of the country's networks that to which you will be automatically logged on.
To call home or any other country, type the international access code and the country code along with the telephone number. You need to add +2 for all calls to Egypt.
For example: +2 012-XXX XXXX for dialing an Orange number +2 02X-XXX XXXX for dialing a land line.
- When roaming you pay for SMS sent and both making/receiving calls.
- Orange Customer care number while roaming is +201223202020 (Free for Postpaid and call and control customers ,International call rate applies for Pre-paid customer)
When you arrive at your destination, your mobile handset will automatically search for a network specified within your SIM card. There is also a manual selection mode so you may override the automatic selection.
Manual Selection is simple by following the Next Steps:
- Select "Networks" from your phone's menu.
- Choose "Network Selection".
- Choose "Manual".
- You will see a list of all operators available in the country.
- Select one of these operators.
- If registration fails, try to process again choosing a different operator.
- Once a network is selected, your phone will display the network operator's name, e.g. Mobistar in Belgium.
Furthermore, as soon as you reach your destination country, you will receive an SMS from Orange giving you some customized essential information.
Now you can avoid unexpected data roaming charges. With this service, you can control your internet usage while roaming. To know more about the service, click here.